January 11, 2010

9 Years Old

My sonshine is nine today. Is that a typo? NINE? Can he really be that old? He tells me it is true. Wow, time goes by so quickly. One day he will tire of the story I tell the day before his birthday every year. How I expected him before Christmas but after days in the hospital with doctors coaxing him out organically they sent me home. And it wasn't until the 10th of January that the doctor said, "we have good news and bad news". The good news was that he would be arriving on the eleventh. The bad news, he said, was that he would have to come by cesarean section. Since the boy weighed 10 1/2 pounds I should be grateful for that!

While this is a sad time in our lives, we will still have a great birthday. His grandmother will not be here for the first time on his birthday but we are having a party at her house so we can feel her presence. We will go somewhere for dinner tonight. And tomorrow we are going to the school's fund raising evening event together.

Happy Birthday, "baby boy"!

No comments: