August 22, 2010

Sunday Morning Poetry Session




I found some incredible poetry at http://www.dechar.tripod.com/ and these three hit home today.....wanted to share the link and the poems....hope you enjoy!

Bullshit

I look into your face
And wonder what you want with me
‘cause everyone wants something
no one hangs around for free

Your eyes are so sincere
And in your lovely smile I bask
As I wonder all the while
What’s behind your pretty mask?

What underneath do you conceal
Devil, demon, angel, sprite
Are you needy, angry, vicious, lost,
Apathetic, filled with fright?

There’s so many ways to suffer now
And life is so confused
Its no wonder that the bulk of us
are sure we’ve been abused

So why don’t you just spit it out
And lay it on the line?
Take off the guise that hides the truth
Be honest just one time

But the world revolves on bullshit
We all balance on the fence
To risk a fall with honesty
I guess just makes no sense.

by: Amneris








The Perfect Man

The perfect man is gentle
Never cruel or mean
He has a beautiful smile
And keeps his face so clean.

The perfect man likes children
And will raise them by your side
He will be a good father
As well as a good husband to his bride.

The perfect man loves cooking
Cleaning and vacuuming too
He'll do anything in his power
To convey his feelings of love on you.

The perfect man is sweet
Writing poetry from your name
He's a best friend to your mother
and kisses away your pain.

He never has made you cry
Or hurt you In any way
Oh, fuck this stupid poem
The perfect man is gay.

- Unknown


Can I Awaken

Can I awaken your heart from it's sleep.
To arouse inside those passions you keep,
with a feeling of closeness too hard to deny,
that your heart will openly and willingly comply.

Can I awaken your soul just once more,
with the colors of love and all it's decor.
To bring back those memories of love that did exist,
the feelings it held with all of its bliss.

Can I awaken your eyes to see,
this love I can offer that will always be,
full of kindness and gentleness too,
with a sprinkle of thoughtfulness, to offer you too.

Can I awaken your arms to feel,
a tight embrace, that is oh so real.
To close all doors to the world outside,
to bring out your love that you so desperately hide.

by: Katie Klopfer(c)1997

No comments: