December 17, 2007

Winter Wonderland

It is Christmastime!

Last week the weather changed to just below brr. My son and I wrapped up on Friday after he got out of school and went to the grand opening of a movie theatre in our area. We saw Alvin and the Chipmunks. Since it was the grand opening all the Chipmunks were there. I got some great photos of him with them. The entire town square was all decked out. Santa, a drummer girl, a winter princess, horse and carriage rides and even someone singing carols. It was a great night. When we got home we finished his nativity scene for school and snuggled under the covers with warm socks on!

On Saturday he went to his favorite play center while I finished up the shopping. I don't know why I thought Saturday was a good shopping day. When I got home and he gave up looking for the presents I bought him we wrapped a few and went to bed.

On Sunday the backyard was covered with frost. We baked brownies and had a lazy morning. In the afternoon we went to the big Opryland hotel near our house and spent four hours looking at the beautiful sights. We visited Santa (the third this year!), Mrs. Claus and the reindeer, a gingerbread house and all kinds of other holiday things. Last night we watched a Christmas cartoon before bed.

A great weekend.

No comments: