December 27, 2007

Happy New Year!

I am back from my Christmas travels. What an eventful time that was.

When we left on the 22ND we were on an interstate that had an earlier accident. It took us 9 hours to travel what usually only takes 4. We took a pit stop at a McDonald's and witnessed two kids who had been shoplifting next door being held at gun point inside. Whew.

We attended mass as we usually do on Christmas eve. I am so proud of all that my son has learned in his school. He can do the entire mass. He is even saying some of the Hail Mary prayer in Spanish now.

Christmas eve was at my brother and sister-in-law's house. My sister-in-law is a version of Martha Stewart and can whip up an outstanding party in a minute with a kernel of corn and a grain of rice. We had a great time there.

Santa came and brought my son everything he could have wanted.

Christmas day was with my dad's family at my mom's house. It is always too short but a lot of fun to see everyone. I made it back home without my son. He is staying a week with Grandmother. He is having fun.

Looking forward to my sister visiting tomorrow before she heads back to L.A. We will probably do a lot of "girl stuff"! That will be fun.

I look forward to 2008 being a great year. I am making plans for it to be.

Plan for great things.

No comments: