December 29, 2007

Saturday

This is a very unusual day for me. My son is with his grandmother this week while he is on holiday from school. I am alone and cannot remember the last time I was. When I got home last night I realized how much I miss him. His laughter and chats are remarkable. I can't wait to get him home.

Today I saw the movie Charlie Wilson's War. It was eye opening. Then I went to Bath and Body Works. That store is becoming a favorite of mine. I love to smell everything in there. I got a gift card for Christmas so I used it on a few items I needed. Now I am at the library. Afterward I will go to the grocery then home. I am not sure what I will do when I get home but I hope to find something, as I have the rest of the evening.

Tomorrow I am taking a drive to a funeral about 200 miles from here. I don't like death. I know that life is preparing us for it, but that doesn't make me like it. It brings to mind the people I miss and the emptiness that is there when they leave.

When I get back to work and "regular life" after the first things will be fast-paced until the NOVA conference at the end of the month.

Enjoying and questioning the silence.

No comments: