May 12, 2010

Them!


"Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand how little chance you have in trying to change others."

Well, okay. After about three days I have given up. I have beat my head bloody trying to figure out the what, the how, and the whys of my current disgruntled state. I am frustrated again with someone I can’t change. Candidly, they are my “them”…they are my “they”. You know the one….you probably have “them”, too? The one person you lump entire extreme facts into when you shout out loud or in your head “they always”, “they never”. Yep. They is the one.

I have written about this character many times. I have written of good times and of bad. I have been frustrated in the past with “they” and I have been disappointed with “them”, too. Each time I come away a bit surprised…and surprised that I am surprised.

Life has been rapid firing change in my direction lately. Surely, it will stop. Apparently, not until the lesson is learned….so today I am openly seeking answers to questions that I need answers to….even the ones I don’t know I need. Today I am overtly sucking it up. I shall give into “them” being "them" and maybe even let go of “them” just a little more.

And I will hold fast to one of my all time favorite quotes that has proven to be true over and over again, “Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely.”

Okay, but do I have to like it?

No comments: