February 12, 2010

No Re-election

I was sad to hear the news this morning that Representative Patrick Kennedy, (D-RI) will not seek re-election. As a fellow traveler on a similar journey as my own he has helped the addiction and mental health field in countless ways. Perhaps, he will continue to assist in the cause, as he indicates in the video message he released this morning, in a different manner.

I remember when I first heard him speak at a NAADAC advocacy conference. His story moved me and caused me to reflect on what I was doing to promote the very field in which I work. I changed my involvement after meeting him. For that, I am grateful.

I wish him well and look forward to meeting the other Representatives and Senators who will take on this important cause.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLzr-4MMyDc

No comments: