I guess I was 11 in 1980 but the 80's are my "remember when" years. This was funny....
You know you grew up in the 80's if:
1. You used to buy cassette singles… and still have some stashed somewhere…
2. You can sing the rap to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and can do the Carlton
3. You hold a special place in your heart for "Back to the Future."
4. You know where to go if you "wanna go where everybody knows your name."
5. You've heard of Garbage Pail Kids.
6. You know that "WOAH" comes from Joey on Blossom
7. Two words: Hammer Pants
8. You watched "Fraggle Rock"
9. You had plastic streamers on your handle bars... and spokey-dokies or playing cards on your spokes for that incredible sound effect
10. You watched "Duck Tales" (Woo ooh!)
11. It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
12. You (your sister, cousins) wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
13. You saw the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the big screen..and still know the turtles names.
14. You know all the words to "ice ice baby".
15. Poltergeist freaked you out.
16. You ever had a Swatch Watch.
17. L.A. Gear....need I say more?
18. You Believed that "By the power of Greyskull, you HAD the power!"
19. You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON, WAX OFF"
20. You wanted to be a Goonie. ("Goonies never say die.")
21. You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (some of us...head-to-toe)
22. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted.
23. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
24. Your first Walkman weighed about as much as a brick.
25. You still get the urge to say "NOT" after every sentence.
26. You remember Hypercolor t-shirts.
27. You knew "The Artist", when he was humbly called "Prince".
28. You thought She-ra (Princess of Power!) and He-Man should hook up. (Many 80's kids have informed me that this would be incest so scrap that)!
29. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
30. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you are, but what am I?" 31. You were a Cub Scout, brownie or girl guide but now you have no idea what all the badges you got were for.
32. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.
33. If you ever said "I pity the fool".
34. You have ever played with a Skip-It or Elastix
35. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonalds.
36. You've gone through this nodding your head in agreement.
37. You remember when cellular phones weighed 15 lbs. and had to be carried over your shoulder.
38. You wore like, EIGHT pairs of socks over tights with high top Reeboks.
39. You wore socks scrunched down
40. You remember boom boxes and walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that.
41. You remember watching both Gremlins movies.
42. You know what it meant to say "Care Bear Stare!!"
43. You remember watching Rainbow Bright and & My Little Pony Tales
44. You had to come in the house when the street lights came on.
45. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.
46. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool...and don't even flinch when people refer to them as "NKOTB"
47. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By The Bell," The ORIGINAL class.
48. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - "SHOT THROUGH THE HEART AND YOUR TO BLAME.. YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME"
49. You just sang those words to yourself.
50. You have a tendency to turn the collar up on your Polo shirts.
51. Your first computer was a Commodore 64 or an Atari 800.
52. You know what movie the phrase, "Number 5 is alive!" is from.
53. You played with Lego’s when they were just blocks of various sizes, not any of the special little parts.
54. You took plastic cartoon lunch boxes to school.
55. You remember that "Up above the streets and houses,Rainbow climbing high. Everyone can see it smiling over the sky. Paint the whole world with a rainbow"
56. You played and or collected "Pogs"
57. You used to (and probably still do) say "What you talkin' 'bout Willis?"
58. You played British Bulldog or Man hunt
59."You went to a chinese restaurant to buy a loaf of bread, bread, bread. They wrapped it up in a five pound note and this is what they said, said, said.....
60. You sang " One, two, Freddy's coming for you. / Three, four, better lock your door. / Five, six, grab your crucifix. / Seven, eight, gonna stay up late. / Nine, ten, never sleep again."