March 14, 2008

Group

I attend a group for helping professionals once a month. It is open to anyone in the helping profession that is interested in growth. I have probably let hundreds of people know about it over the past few years. There are very few who attend.

Yesterday the group was fabulous. One of the things that was a focus for us was all the positive things that are occurring, have occurred or CAN occur in our lives. The good stuff. The fun stuff. The Ah-ha stuff.

Oftentimes counselors and therapists offices are for the troubled areas. Of course, they are. Problem solving is what we do. But, isn't it okay to celebrate the victories inside the office, too?

I am in the same body but am not the same person I was when I began my journey. I have had so many motivating moments, struggles, and trials in my life. They have all changed me. I continue to change. That is a celebration to me.

I said out loud that I truly believe there are very few people who live conscious lives. Very few people who are willing to do their work. Very few that even know work is needed. This work is a given for me. I have known since birth that introspection was a part of who I was as a human being. I love everything about it.

Wishing the world could see it.

No comments: