October 01, 2007

October

October 1. This is fall, right? A little warm here still...but the colors in the mall are changing! :) I am ready to plant some mums and get some pumpkins. I asked my son what he wanted to dress up as on Halloween and he wants to be a skeleton this year. That sounds like fun.

This weekend I attended a banquet for the local chapter of TAAP (Texas Association of Addiction Professionals). September was recovery month. It was fun. I haven't danced in a while. Now my time and and attention professionally can be focused on the January NOVA conference.

At the end of the week I will have a birthday. I seem to get contemplative when approaching a birthday. All in all it has been a great year. There have been enormous mountains to climb and I don't always like that part. But I can see the lessons I have learned. I guess that is what life is all about.

Happy Fall.

1 comment:

Shae said...

Hey girl,
I read your article in the Recovery Today paper. I see that you are keeping busy with many addiction-related activities. I would love to find out more about it and you. It was great to see you in Austin, although we didn't have much time to visit. I need you e-mail address so that we can talk. Mine is my first and last name @hotmail.com

SHAE