April 22, 2016

Dearly Beloved



I get it. I didn't personally know him. But I cried this morning listening to a radio tribute to Prince. Why? His music is woven through the fabric of my adolescence. Many of his songs are on the soundtrack of my life. I did not know him personally but I began to know myself while listening to much of his music. 

His age. In the grand scheme of things I am not much younger. Time is fleeting. 

Rumors. I do not know what caused his death but the rumors are enough to cause me contemplation. If it was the flu? Unfair. If it was opiates? I am ready to advocate.  Either way, he is definitely a music icon. 

I measure ICON status by this litmus test....my son knows his music, too. 


In the immortal words of Prince:


...Electric word life, it means forever and that's a mighty long time
But I'm here to tell you, there's something else
The afterworld
A world of never ending happiness, you can always see the sun, 
Day or night...



RIP Purple One 

No comments: