June 19, 2011

Father's Day





Father's Day of 1993 was the last my father was here. It seems like such a log time ago but his memory is big. It was only becoming an adult then. And at times I regret not having the opportunity to have had an adult relationship with him. The last time I saw him, even though I'd already been working as a professional for a year, he hugged me and gave me gas money. He always took care of me.

Being a helper was something that came naturally for him. I remember him for his strength. He was a very manly man. He embodied everything I saw as masculine. He worked for the railroad, farmed, hunted, fished, boated and provided for his family.

But he also showed love and a gentleness when needed. Anytime I hurt I know he wanted to fix it. He was a great dad. I just wanted to remember him out loud today.

Happy Father's Day daddy.

No comments: