February 11, 2009

Brian

I was listening to the radio this morning when I heard a song that brought back memories from 13-14 years ago. Back then I believed I was in love with this man who was nice enough but was not interested in a relationship as much as just dating or hanging out. I listened to those words in a different way today. There was a line in the song that actually said, "I don't care if you don't care as long as you don't go". Okay, how sick was I exactly?

Today I laughed at myself. I don't sit around regretting the past much but it was a lesson to me. I spent most of my early 20's being broken hearted over things I didn't have instead of enjoying the things I did have. Recently I heard a speaker who said that people who are successful realize what they have WHILE they have it. That is what I strive for today. As much as I am driven and have a desire to constantly succeed and attain more (not things usually, but I do still have that desire in the way of education and career still) I hope at the end of the day I am satisfied with just that -- the day. Having lived it, having enjoyed it and having soaked up every little bit of what it had to offer me.

I threw in my All American Rejects song as soon as I could get to my computer and feel like I must be in a much better place today. (http://www.lyrics.com/index.php/artists/lyric/the-all-american-rejects-p-535218-lyrics-gives-you-hell)!

Thanks for the memories.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very well said.